Sunday, August 8, 2010

Review: Etude House Color Me Nude Lip Concealer





♔Product Description:  
Natural skin tone colored makeup conceals lip blemishes with smooth textured foundation that raises lipstick or gloss presentation and durability. Formulated with silicone coating powder supplies a moist adhesive layer that holds lip color cleanly. Formulated with vitamin E derivative and mango butter for lip lubrication and nourishment.
 
Review for Etude House color me nude lip concealer:
Korean actress and ulzzang sometimes have a nude colored lips with only the lower lip tinted, it's sooo cute^^ I just love the way they do it. I bought this because my lips are a bit pigmented around the edge, just a bit... but still it disturbs me somehow. Knowing that this lip concealer can even-out lip color and makes the liptint or lipstick tone becomes more vibrant I decided to buy it. 

Lip preparation: The only thing is...it will not work well on chapped lips. so u will need a prep for your lips before using this. Moisturize your lips enough, and make sure your lips are not chapped or dry. What I do for prep is exfoliate my lips with toothbrush gently, then moist it with nivea lip care. For next several hours, I keep balming my lips.

To use: if you use a tint, then do the tint first! If you use lipstick or gloss, do the concealer first. to use is simple. Dab ( don't smudge!) the tip of concealer on a center of your lips, then spread outward with your finger. do it smoothly and wait it to set.

Pros:
Conceals pigmented lips area
Contains Vit E 
Makes tint or lipstick more vibrant
♥ It's popular among ullzang style make up^^

Cons:
- Settle on fine lines if you have chapped lips
-Staying power isn't that good
- Look cakey if you don't blend it well

Repurchase? for sure! 
Overall rating: 4/5

UPDATE 16-10-2011:
Updated review for Etude House color me nude lip concealer + swatch. Korean style gradation lips have been my favorite even up til now ^^ so yeah, here's a new swatch for Etude House Color Me Nude Lip Concealer! a smidge of the face shop lovely me:ex tint for inner area, and I apply the concealer only on the edge of the lips.

Color Me Nude Swatches

9 comments:

  1. hai.. review make-up nya bagus2... itu bisa beli di mana ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi .. you mix lip tint and lip concealer. Does it make your lip dry? thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you got chapped lips, better way to get rid of it is by applying a heavy amount of petroleum jelly, let it sit on 10-15 minutes, then brush it away with baby toothbrush. Well, follow by applying lip balm on the rest of the day when the lips are drying. :))

    GREAT REVIEW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a FAN of lip tints & your page! lol i know i'm VERY late but i love how on mostly all of your pics, your lips look like Miss A's Suzy's lips! Please blog more about lip tints & 얼짱 메이컵 :) thank you! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: hi there, thanks for your lovely comments, I will be posting an ulzzang gradation lips tutorial so stay tuned ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks gr8, definitely fgonna give this a try..
    style-senses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit that the color is pretty and the product is very cute! But thanks to your review, I learned that it won't look good on chapped lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a help. :( whenever I put lip concealer etude alone , why do i look like i eat a powder? Does that mean i put too much? :( or should i blend it with a lipstick?

    ReplyDelete