Saturday, December 11, 2010

Review: NYX Round Lipstick Pumpkin Pie & Orange Soda

Hi gurls(・ω・)/
After trying Revlon almost nude, I've been always searching for another nude lipstick that would suits me. And I found these~ NYX round lipstick in pumkin pie and orange soda.

And yes, there are a lot of another reviews already. But I think it's ok to give my own verdict for this two~


What I like:
it doesn't settle on lip's fine lines
gives enough moisture to lips
it does not dry up your lips (another 'dry' lippie tends to be cracked out after several hours) I hate it
Super cheap~


Cons:
Staying power is so-so
The stick is so SOFT that I broke off my orange soda at the bottom stick. gyaaaah o(`ω´*)o

Left: NYX pumpkin pie, Right: NYX orange soda

Orange Soda:
It's a super nude lipstick that has a tone that come near to a concealer.
I used it on my whole lips and laughed when I saw myself on mirror, like I've been suffering for severe anemia! Here's another idea of using my orange soda:
♫ used as a lip concealer
♫ to make your lips looks thinner
♫ to make a gradation lips~ (which I love most)

Pumkin Pie:
Really a waste for me. because it's too close to my lip color (/ω\)
I tought it would gives a nice peachy pink color like I read in many reviews. But I can't even find any difference on my lips after wear it. It just (very) slightly lighter than my natural lips color.
It turn out to be pink, not peach as you can see in swatches below:
Upper lips: NYX orange soda, lower lips: NYX pumpkin pie
Close up version~ with a 'lil make-up put on (BB cream + eyeliner) I hate to admit it, but my eyelashes is so damn short that makes me really hard to put on a mascara...Lol!
Sorry for face distortion (My cam is always been like this..hmmph, it makes my nose looks bigger)
 ε=(~Д~;)

Nya~ that would be all for now, bubbye

21 comments:

  1. oh you look great! I have been looking for peach-pink and pink nude lippies myself, can you recommend a few good ones for me? :>>

    About the camera, it was just a plain camera phone but I made some edits using http://www.picnik.com/ I used the "Orton-ish" effect to make it look softer.
    The Samsung cameras can take with the same effect as long as it has the beauty shot feature xDD
    I hope it helped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so pretty! i love your blog :) so many great tips like the facial mask and the lipstick is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYX lippies!
    Love your simple eye makeup too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lipsticks especially the pumpkin pie one! o(^-^)o

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww I loved Pumpkin Pie :( I'm sorry it doesn't work for you~ I still want to try Orange Soda ^_^ but now I'm a little worried it'll be too light on me xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. To tell the truth, I can't see the lipstick on you at all x.x I like the colour of orange soda but the tube I have is too soft it settles into all the lines and smears easily

    ReplyDelete
  7. your eyes are so cute. and it is very hard to find a nude lipstick, i pretty much gave up on it ! just gonna stick to more pigmented colour lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  8. @isabel: yes. pumpkin pie's color is just too close to my natural lip color. really a waste >.<

    @all: thanks for your comments^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice~! Please Feel Free To Comment On My Next Makeup Review Poszt~! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reviewww!
    You look gorgeoussssss ;) and I love the lip colour on you ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww sorry for ur misshap with the orange soda =( ive done this tons of times. always makes for a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the swatches are pretty! shame they arent as peachy on the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those colors look really pretty! Considering they look so nude in the swatches, they don't make you look washed out at all though. And I'm so jealous of your gorgeous skin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes. It's very2 nude that I can't even see any difference after I wear it. haha...so I think it's really a waste (for pumpkin pie) Orange soda is nice to replace my lip concealer though~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. omo!.
    pumpkin pie looks beautiful ! <3
    you have nice clear skin! ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look cute ^_^. i just used a conditioning hair mask after the colour treatment, my hair feels better than it did before now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. orange soda looks really pretty on you =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey! what lip cares do you use? your bare lips look really nice and no dark lines! please please let me know :( thankyou so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @jessica ie: I've been using cherry pink bioglo and nivea pinkish boost. It gives a natural pinkish tone to your lips while making it brighter. I mean, a permanent bright pinkish tone xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. maybe because Korean's lips are naturally pinkish, that's why I envy your lip color/.

    ReplyDelete