Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: INNISFREE Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (Soft)

Actually, this is a requested post, I received a mail from someone asking me to try and make a review of Innisfree Jeju Volcanic pore clay mask. So after looking up a bit for reviews, I thougt this would suit me, and so I bought it.

Before I start with the review, for reference, I have oily skin. (Also acne prone on the cheeks area)



What Innisfree says:
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask is a Jeju volcanic scoria clay mask to intensively adsorb sebum and purify pores. Jeju volcanic scoria is formulated from solidified lava caused by volcanic eruptions in Jeju Island. This pure and rare ingredient adsorbs impurities and sebum that are deeply embedded within skin pores. 

INNISFREE Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (Soft)
Texture is creamy and thick, just like any other clay mask  in general.

It comes with a box, but no spatula:

 INNISFREE Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask box
 INNISFREE Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay MaskIngredients and direction of use
They use the word 'adsorb' instead of 'absorb'. Note that adsorption is a surface-based process while absorption involves the whole volume of the material.

100% recycled paper :) & printed with SOY INK!


INNISFREE Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (Soft) texture.

Packaging: It comes in 100 ml double lidded plastick jar with a 100% recycled paper box printed with SOY INK! I love the packaging, and in fact, this is what I love the most about this product. I'm not a person who dislike jars. Actually, I love it. I can use every bits of the product til the very end. I don't mind the jar because I've always kept my hands VERY clean before I dare to touch my face, and sometimes crazily disinfect my hands with alcohol spray. Yay for the packaging!

Product Details: There's plenty for you to use. Depending on how thick you want your mask to be, it will last for 8~12 months. Texture is a thick (but soft) clay that spreads easily on face. Just note that you need to put it HEAVILY on your fez! Yes you NEED to do that. If you go to any beauty clinic, you'll see that they will put on a LARGE AMOUNT of clay mask on your face, and that's what you exactly need to do. But again, this will last you at least a good 8 months.

It also has a subtle, err.. earthy smell, I don't really know how describe it properly. Oh my, what a bad reviewer I am, lol. But really, it's hard to describe it accurately. Forget about the smell anyway~

Result: I've been using it for two months (1~2 times/week) but I didn't see any difference on my pores, lol. For reference, I'm lucky enough (or not lucky cuz mine is acne prone!) to have micro pores, they're not visible and I've never had problems with blackhead or comedo. So let's just skip this part.

It also claims to adsorb excess sebum on face, Nah... unfortunately it doesn't live up to its claim. The oil will start kick in less than an hour after I rinse the mask off. They also say it's good to wear this mask on troubled face, I tried it when I had several zits on my face but there was no satisfactory result.

Overall Rating: photo rat2x.png
I gave it 2.5 out of 5 because I don't see any results. I won't repurchase, Innisfree Jeju volcanic mask might work well on others but sadly, this is just not for me.

I'll leave you with a selfie~♥ hohoho. I used instagram and android app Girl's Camera.


Also, if you're a beauty blogger. I hope you'll kindly join this: 
FACEBOOK GROUP:  INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY BLOGGERS.
This is a newly created group dedicated for all beauty bloggers on blogsphere and is still growing :) I really hope to see you on the group ^-^/ Toodles~

19 comments:

  1. Too bad it doesn't work for you! I read some reviews before and they quite liked this product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame that this didn't work for you. >u< I've heard a lot of rave reviews about this product~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. A lot of clay products promise more than they actually follow through on. Thanks for the review! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review...Too bad it didn't work for you. It actually looked like a very good product too, can't be fooled by packaging.

    恵美より ♥
    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, that's a shame! This product seem to be favored by a lot of beauty bloggers. :( Thank you for the review however. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiks me too, it's not work well on me too T_T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, sorry to see that this product didn't work for you :P If you are still looking for a nice clay mask i do recommend Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque! :) -Minni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. too bad it didn't live up to its promise

    ReplyDelete
  9. i use this too and sadly i don't notice any amazing results too! However it glides on smoothly onto your skin but thats about it! thankfully i wasn't the only one! thanks for the review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad this didn't work! :( I won't be getting this myself then~ Thanks for the warning. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read many reviews about this product and all have reached the same conclusion that pore cleansing with this product is not as good as it claims to be. However, the packaging looks nice, personally I'm not sure to buy this product because it seems more publicity. Thank you very much for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for doing this review, my skin is similar (oily, acne-prone) so now I know it won't help those things and I can save money.

    http://www.cake-pie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad it didn't work. I thought it was a great product and I was ready to try it, but by reading your post and the other comments, I think I won't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing, now i know to steer away from this product (:

    CMPang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this review! I have oily skin and I am always on the lookout for clarifying masks to try. I nearly ordered this Innisfree mask but I am glad I stumbled upon your review before ordering it.

    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really wanted to try this pore clay mask from innisfree, but it is so hard to find innisfree product in my country.

    But after reading this review, i think i don't really want to buy it. huhu

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like this mask will tighten pores by how thick/drying it looks. I"ve used similar products before and I don't really see a big difference but I do feel a more tightness of the skin.

    You look beautiful as always ^_^

    www.mishialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe you should put the mask in the morning after you wake up. I have read some review about this mask, she not see any different using this mask in night so she try to use it at morning. Maybe you can try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to ask where is the expiry date located. I bought the product but I want to find out the expiry date.

    ReplyDelete