Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: THE FACE SHOP Face it Radiance Concealer Dual Veil

I bought this early in January because I saw it on Jae-ah's blog, she listed it as one of her favorite make-up. Not only that, THE FACE SHOP face it radiance concealer dual veil is also one of the best concealer in Korea, 2012. It's available in two shades, I got mine in NB21, the lightest one (which is way too dark for me, boo!)

 THE FACE SHOP Face it Radiance Concealer Dual Veil
 cover stick concealer & liquid concealer


 description is written in english

ingredients

More of the packagings:


 stick concealer for fuller coverage


 wand type liquid concealer-gives sheerest coverage

THE FACE SHOP Face it Radiance Concealer Dual Veil swatches

I'm going to make a quick review since I don't really have much time > . < I still have a work to be done.
Well. I just have to say that this concealer doesn't live up to my expectation, though, this isn't as bad, it's just that I had high hopes for this concealer (considering it as a best seller concealer in Korea).
But yeah you'll get what you pay, I paid this for US $11.00.
For reference, my past skin condition is worser than now, angry blemishes shows up almost everywhere on my cheek. For a skin condition that needs extra coverage like mine, wand type liquid concealer is definitely not enough. So I thought I could pull off extra coverage by wearing the stick one. but sadly (though it's still much much better than the body shop tea tree concealer), this is just a so-so stick concealer for me.

Liquid concealer (wand): gives off sheerest coverage, has a semi-thick consistency but kind of 'runny' as it glides along which makes it kinda difficult to work. I used the wand to only pick-up the liquid, and start to work on spots using small concealer brushes. The coverage isn't that buildable, the only thing it does is reducing the appearance of dark spots/blemishes a little, not hides them (as of course). This liquid concealer is lacking of pigment, which forced me to use more product, and that's bad, using too much liquidy product could lead to cakey-ness (LOL is that even a word?). Staying powder is literally bad, like only for a couple of hours. Those with minor imperfection might loves this because it offers a natural coverage. I'd still use this one on low maintenance day-look.

Stick concealer: supposed to give fuller coverage. Well, this one does give a fuller coverage, but not the fullest. I dislike the shape of the stick, it's huge and bulky. It's even larger than Lioele Jumbo stick concealer, ewww...making the application much more difficult. The color is a bit darker than the liquid one, and both of them is TOO DARK for me :(, making every zits and blemishes on my face became more visible. Also, this is kinda dry, so it will sit and stays on your dry patches, accentuating them (esp. on acne and zits) It won't cover them! Other thing that I hate is the blotchy result. Also, even over a good primer, it has zero staying power, zero pigment, like when you kind of swipe it a little, it will be gone.
I won't be using it anymore on my fez. Lately I even start to use it as a lip concealer (since it's too dark anyway, LOL) it's better for that purpose.

NB21 which is the lightest shade available is way way too dark for and too orangey for me ;^; 
Also, it's really hard to work with this concealer, like you'll need lots of extra time just to conceal everything. That won't happen if I were to use one from BOBBI BROWN (as of course LOL) or even the cheaper version, LIOELE Photogenic mix concealer.

all in all this is just a so-so concealer for me, still better than those drugstore concealer though (compared to Revlon/Maybelline this one is slightly better). But as for concealer, I'd better pay MORE to gain MORE. Cuz concealer plays an important role in my make-up routine.

Some of concealer that works REALLY WELL on me:

 BOBBI BROWN creamy concealer kit


 LIOELE Photogenic Mix Concealer

Yes I love creamy concealer so much! would be extremely difficult for me to go without these~♥

LOL! It seems that I wrote quite a long review in the end, Hahaha... Well then, have a nice weekend ladies! Take care and be pretty as always ^o^

17 comments:

  1. It looks quite interesting! I love my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage when i need some hard concealing to be done! But for everyday i use the Maybelline Mineral Concealer i got from sasa.com it's great! x.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, I don't think this is the concealer for me either! I don't really like liquid concealer and the stick... sits on dry skin and accentuates it? Oh man. ;n; Definitely not for my crazy combination skin, ahaha. Thank you for the review~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried any stick concealers before. The price isn't too bad. I should give it a go! :o Maybe the hype just made your expectations too high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no fan of concealers because I have too much to cover beyond those days when I have not slept well. Well actually I think this concealer is to cover very little. The concealer the sitck I find something great and the tone is certainly very orange to me. Many thanks for your review dear.


    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to bother with concealers, but now I just get paranoid about causing eye wrinkles and stuff... sorry to hear this didn't work out for you :( I understand the issues that come with having pale skin x

    kittencuddler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww too bad it didnt work! I really like that theres a wand side and a stick side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww too bad it's too dark I was just thinking of trying it until I read that part. Thanks for the review ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  8. the design is so cute, lipstick but concealer :)

    http://imaginarymi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is concealer stick can be used for the lips?
    Glad to read your post..

    Come and visit my blog:
    Sistersdyne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing!^_^
    Do you want to follow eachother with?))
    http://fashionelenblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your reviews and comparisons! <3 You just got a new follower! :)


    flushofhoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. In response to the question you asked about what skincare products use, right now I'm using the products of B · liv. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like an interesting product but doesn't seem to work too well. I love using the Bobbi Brown concealer too! :)

    Louise | Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. This product looks so interested since one part looks like a lipstick haha :D but I'm afraid this color will be too dark for me :'c I heard the bobbi brown concealer is really nice and now that you said that too I should give it a try~ :3
    Thanks for this review and comparison ^~^*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Theres actually another shade lighter than nb21 which is nb17 i beleive. Im planning to buy this actually (nb17, my skintone is pretty similar to yours) and kinda have high hopes but i never tried high end concealer so my expectation might be a little lower than yours :>

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven’t tried any product from TFS but I’m looking forward to try a concealer which I ordered through an online shop recently.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Aveeno Philippines

    ReplyDelete