Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Review: Ecotools Six Piece Essential Eye Set Brush

Good morning everyone (or whatever it is in your country), did everyone have a good weekend? I spent mine playing game with friends, haha~ Anyway I hope you guys had a great weekend :D
Today, I'll be doing a review of Ecotols Six Piece Essential Eye Set brush. And yesss... the name is a bit confusing, SIX! I thought I lost one of the brush when I saw there's only five little brushes inside the make-up bag lol. Boo me... didn't know that six here also includes the on-the-go makeup bag.

Ecotols Six Piece Essential Eye Set Brush
Large Eye Brush
Angled Crease Brush
Petite Eye Shading Brush
Highlighting Brush
Smudge Brush
On-The-Go Travel Bag



Description from Ecotools:
This brush set makes it easy to complete any eye look. Use the large eye brush to blend a base shadow over the entire eyelid. The angled crease brush adds definition to the outer crease of your eye, while the petite eye shading brush is perfect for an accent color. Use the highlighting brush to accentuate the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes. Complete the look with the smudge brush by smudging the shadow and liner along the lash line for a smoky finish.
Ecotools Essential Eye Set brushes are made from soft, cruelty-free bristles (synthetic taklon fibers), recycled aluminum ferrules and sleek bamboo handles. Our reusable cosmetic bag is made with natural materials & EVA.


Ecotools bamboo handles


From left to right:
Smudge Brush
Petite Eye Shading Brush
Highlighting Brush
Angled Crease Brush
Large Eye Brush

 Closer look of the Ecotools taklon bristles  (highlighting brush, angled crease brush, large eye brush)

Ecotools smudge brush and petite eye shading brush

What I like about it:
♥ No animal cruelty and made of eco-friendly recycleable materials (including the bag!)
♥ Taklon bristles are soft
♥ No shedding
♥ No bleeding
♥ Handle and ferrule feel sturdy and very well made
♥ Very reasonably priced ($ 7.99) !!

What I don't like about it:
- Stupid naming, like seriously, six piece set!
- Taklon bristles tend to pick up less products
- Large eye brush and angled crease brush are kinda too big for my eyes

Comments:
This is my first Ecotools brush set and I bought it on a whim because of the price *lol* it was on sale back then, like seriously, 50% off? that's really a steal, haha! I just NEED to buy it! And I'm glad I did! Aside from the price I've always been curious because lots of people just simply adored ecotools.
I use the large eye brush to apply base color, and go over with angled crease brush, working with darker/other tone on outer eyelids and blend more. But this angled crease brush is somewhat too big for my eyes so it's kind of hard to work with.
I love the highlight brush! But rather than using the highlighting brush to actually highlight, I use it as a blending brush because I think it's better for that purpose.
I accentuate my inner corner with either petite eye shading brush or smudge brush. To do so, I usually wet the brush first before picking up my favorite light colored eyeshadow. 

Downside is, as you might already know, taklon fibers have a tendency to pick up less product. To be really honest, I prefer to work on my eye makeup with natural brushes though, but taklon is also GOOD~ I love it.

I think these brushes are amazing for their price! If you're looking for a brush set at an afforable price, you may consider adding Ecotols Six Piece Essential Eye Set Brush in your wishlist.
__________

Anyway, My brain is kinda laggy now lol. Idk but it took me 2 hours++ to finally finish this review ~___~ maybe it's because I'm starving? lel, I'm gonna fry this delicious kimchi dumpling I got from a friend last week. hoho... and yeah, I'd like to let you lovelies know, that I'm planning to host a giveaway on my blog soon (either December or early January). Birthday is coming up > . < awe! It might not be a big giveaway with a big present, but please stay tuned ^-^
Thanks for reading and I really need to go now, cooking time, I'm super starving I'm gonna die lel

13 comments:

  1. This set in overall looks very good, for the price is a nice set, thank you for your honest review~
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh these brushes look like they would be handy~ ^ v ^
    But the name does sound very confusing! ^ 3 ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you :)!! I've missed your blogging too! It's been too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahh very beautiful design, thanks for the share. I'll take a look at it very soon!

    http://www.acyhoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set really has everything and it looks so cute in those brown shades. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim so long time since i write a comment on yourr blog (i wasnt a long time into the blogger scene ^^')
    i have a question...
    from this yt video..l https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD9c9YT9dKY
    this isn't you in the white top??
    i wonder this girl look a lil bit alike you

    have a nice evening^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. @all: thanks for commenting
    @kaddy: whoaaa I'm checking it now ~~~ will reach u on ur blog soon XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting brushes *0*


    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  9. They seem cool!
    Love,Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol i always think that girls that good in make up somehow can be a good painter too? =p

    #iblogmyway

    ReplyDelete