Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ulzzang Yoon Ah Ra Aegyosal Make-up Tutorial [ARITAUM]

Happy belated thanksgiving~ I hope you all had a lovely thanksgiving with your dearest peers and hope you are enjoying black friday as well! :D

Today I'll be posting a Make-up tutorial: Ulzzang Yoon Ah Ra Aegyosal Eye Make-up with Aritaum wannabe long wear eyeshadow stick. Fyi, Aegyosal [애교살 ] is not literally eyebags but rather a cute...charming 'fatty' eye pouches that sit beneath the eyes. Aegyosal is considered cute by most Koreans, but of course there are people who dislike it and think it would make one's appearance look old and tired.

As for me, I'm not an Aegyosal freak, I don't have apparent 'charming' fat too under my eyes (but I do have severe dark circle problem and wrinkies *lol*). I think, natural Aegyosal... or let's call it 'eyesmiles fat' is cute and youthful, but I don't fancy a fake aegyosal, it's quite popular though, even Etude House launched a product named CUTE EYE MAKER, hence the name, it's used to faking aegyosal.

In this tutorial, we're not gonna create a fake aegyosal, but instead highlighting it and make it more apparent.


For this tutorial, we'll be using ARITAUM Wannabe Long Wear Eyeshadow stick (#1 purity & #3 Judy) and ARITAUM Waterproof Diamond Eye Pencil No.8, swatches as follow:

[ 아리따움 ] 워너비 롱웨어 섀도우 - 5월 출시예정
용량 : 1.4g / 6500원
1호 퓨리티 / 2호 아이비 / 3호 쥬디 / 4호 세레나 / 5호 스카일라
6호 로지 / 7호 레이븐 / 8호 데이지 / 9호 케이틀린 / 10호 제이 / 11호 트레이시


Uljjang Yoon Ah Ra make-up in Get It Beauty. She always accentuate her inner eye corner with pearly eyeshadow. By the way, Yoon Ah Ra is one of those popular uljjang in Korea, to watch her doing self makeup, check out this link: [겟잇뷰티2012_메이크업시연] 얼짱 윤아라's 바비인형 메이크업 

Yoon Ah Ra usually wears shimmery eyeshadow (pink, white, gold~ all pearly) combined with elongated eyeliner. 





 Finished look, fresh and natural looking~ I like Yoon Ah Ra in this pic more than her usual shopped fez haha
yoon ah ra

Another finished version with bolder eyeliner:
yoon ah ra

All of photos of Yoon Ah Ra above are taken from ARITAUM video: [아리따움_워너비 롱웨어 섀도] 아리따움 애교살 메이크업 배틀_윤아라 편

Aegyosal Make-up Tutorial:
It's gonna be a little different from Ah Ra's tutorial
aegyosal makeup tutorial

1.Draw eyeliner along upper lash line, as close to your lashes as possible, beginning at the inner corner of your eyes. Elongate the tail and make it goes down a little. Apply a little bit of eyeliner on outer corner of the eyes.


2.  Use Aritaum wannabe long wear eyeshadow (Judy/pink) from lower lashline and up to the entire eyelids. This will kind of soften the eyeliner's edge. Highlight lower lashline with pearly white eyeshadow (purity) to define the aegyosal.

3.  Re-define your outer corner with Aritaum waterproof diamond eye pencil No. 8 (black)

Natural Aegyosal Eye Make-up

I hope this Koreany makeup look could give you a youthful, younger-looking, and fresher appearance! And since today is Saturday, maybe you could try it for night dates with your beloved ones~
Thanks for reading and stay pretty as alway, yeah?

Kimstyle

30 comments:

  1. as we know Korean make up always have super power in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this is such a cute look! ^ ___ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    www.bubbly-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your tutorials!! The photos look so nice as always hehe. I'm not a big fan of fake aegyosal either because I think it looks a bit too much. I like the way you define your natural aegyosals though instead of creating huge ones with super white eyeliner and brown eyeshadow! I honestly like your eye make up a bit better than her 'bold version' because it looks more natural! I think Yoon Ah Ra makes them look a little fake ;o; I love this makeup tutorial, keep them up! :D
    By the way, what camera and program do you use to edit your photos? Do you only adjust stuff like lighting and contrast or do you do color correction as well? :3

    Mindy
    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah so pretty! thanks for the tutorial :-)

    http://astaeroid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely tutorial. I hace big eyes, and don't fancy this look, but I think it looks adorable in some people! Like you ☺!

    ♥ Greetings from Yo, Lolita: yo-lolita.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tutorial! May i know what program you use to edit your photo?!

    www.KoeyLeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @all: thanks for commenting. I'll comment you back on your blog~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty and cute! love it. random question: how do you take pictures for your eye tutorial??? do you take them? or does someone else take them?

    Chie | The Brown Eyed Fox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely~ Yoon Ah Ra is so pretty!! And I love watching 'Get It Beauty'!! And btw you can achieve the aegyo sals with botox fillers in Korea, too^^
    Love,Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super natural! So pretty~
    I actually like the way Yoon Ara exaggerates her aegyosal makeup. I find it really cute on her.
    I have one aegyosal that's super puffy but the other one isn't as puffy :( I don't like them being uneven so I always have to draw on one of them in sadly xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh very cute and easy eye makeup tutorial. Thanks for share with us! Btw I love it the effect that the circle lens make on your eyes very innocent~
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally you're back in blogging world ^^
    Love your tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog!

    beyondthecherryblossom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the simplistic smokey edge to this look! And to get back to your question about the eyelashes on my blog, yes I was wearing the eyelashes included in the memebox!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post!!
    I followed u..please follow me back.
    http://twinladybug.blogspot.com/
    http://instagram.com/twinsladybug
    much love from Twins ladybug.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, makes a huge difference! the eyes pop! thanks for visiting my blog dear :)
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love ur tutorial!!! I'm your new follower <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love 애교살 and actually think that it looks much better natural or even fake. However.. the "drawn on" style just makes people look tired imo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your creation on this natural aegyo sal! The pinkish shade looks adorable.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the comment sweetie, I am really mad about oasap, and sad at the same time, and I feel sorry about my "winner" she is such a nice girl and was scammed like me.. I just hope no one elses will be scammed by oasap.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not sure if I can recreate this look but it's very fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your eyes makeup !!
    flawless and pretty !

    AMOURPIXIE

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely :) I found that i look weird when i use shimmer powder and shimmer cream eyeshadow looks better when i try to do aegyo sal makeup

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love this tutorial, I always fail to create aegyo sal TT.TT

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. super lovely^^ thank you tutorial nya XD

    ReplyDelete
  27. your eyes so beautiful!
    www.tomntins.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't realise that eye bags or aegyosal can be cute as long as they are not dark! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love aegyosal~! This tutorial reminds me that I should find a sharpener for my eyeliners lolololol

    ReplyDelete